Tips for Getting ISC Help
The ISC is committed to providing exceptional customer service. We’re here to help! This page provides guidance and steps you can take to assist us in responding to you quickly and with the information you need.
Tips When Emailing Us
When contacting the ISC by email, please follow this guidance:
⇒ In the Subject Line, summarize your issue/question clearly and directly.
“Need help with Workday” is an example of a vague subject line that will take us additional time and analysis to understand. Please include the “who” and “what” of your inquiry. For example:
- “Problem with direct deposit set up for Mary Johnson”
- “Question on job change for Sally Smith”
- “Costing allocation error for XYZ unit”
- “Time entry error for Bob Williams”
⇒ Limit each email to one issue or request.
Keeping your message focused to a single issue helps us route it to the correct team in the ISC, and to address and resolve the specific matter. If necessary, send multiple emails for additional issues—even if pertaining to one employee or on the same subject for more than one employee.
⇒ Include employee name and NetID, and Position Number in the email.
This information helps us respond to your inquiry faster. Also, if you are a manager or administrator submitting on behalf of someone else, please state that clearly.
⇒ Note when an issue is particularly time-sensitive.
For example, include a due date or payroll period associated with the issue. If the matter is urgent, please state that in the email.
⇒ Describe the issue in as much detail as you can.
Add the “where” and the “when,” if applicable. The more information that’s included in your email, the quicker we can act to solve the problem, without the need for correspondence to obtain basic information. It’s better to err on the side of too much information than to risk including too little.
⇒ Identify the troubleshooting steps you’ve already taken (if any).
It’s helpful to know where you have already looked for information and any actions you have taken in attempting to resolve the issue. We can avoid duplicating your efforts and immediately move to the next steps.
Tracking Your ISC Case
When you contact the ISC for support via either the Contact form (recommended) or email, a ticket, or “case,” is created in our issue tracking system. Once your case has been created:
- You will receive an automated email confirmation with your case number; case numbers begin with the three-letter prefix “HRP.”
- Based on the day a case is opened and its urgency, support staff will triage and route to the team best equipped to handle your stated question or request. Our teams work as quickly as possible to accurately resolve issues and inquiries! But based on several factors, including complexity of the issue or whether we have enough information to go on, case resolutions can take anywhere from a few minutes to several weeks.
- To track your case, click on the link provided in the email acknowledging receipt of your request.
Once you’ve opened a case with the ISC by email, phone, or drop-in, please sit tight.
Here’s how you can help us to help you:
- Please don’t open a new ticket for a case that’s already open. You will have received a confirmation email stating that your case has been opened. That means we know you’re waiting, and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
- If you receive an email from the ISC, please reply with the requested information promptly. This will keep your case moving towards resolution.
- Whenever you contact the ISC, by email or phone, please refer to the case number. Connecting you and a case that’s been opened helps us understand your needs and manage our workflow.
Why hasn’t my case been resolved?
There are a wide variety of issues that may slow down the accurate resolution of a case. We may need more information to properly route your request, or the complexity of the issue may require several transactions with approvals from multiple parties to facilitate full resolution. As long as you have a NetID, you can always check My Requests to see the current status of your case; simply click on the link provided in the email acknowledging receipt of your request.
Feel free to talk with your Named Support Contact if it feels like a case is taking a while to resolve. You can also check the Admins’ Corner to learn about Known Issues and find news and updates about Workday.