Employment Verification Requests & PSLF Certification Forms
Employment Verification Requests
As of May 1, 2019, the University of Washington uses i2Verify to provide employment and income verifications. i2Verify is a leading provider of employment and income verifications, and their online portal is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
To request employment and/or income verification, contact i2Verify directly*:
- Website (including how-to guidance): https://i2verify.com/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Live Toll Free Support: (888) 220-3457, available M-F 6AM to 4PM PST
- Fax: (480) 383-6949What types of employee information can i2Verify provide?
i2Verify can provide an employee’s:
- Current or most recent job title
- Dates of employment
- Base annual salary
- Employment status (Active/Inactive, Full/Part-Time, Perm/Temp)
i2Verify cannot provide an employee’s:
- Job information prior to 1990
- Salary breakdowns, including bonuses, or overtime
- Job duties or reasons for separation
- Personal data, such as address
- Professional certifications
- Work schedule, attendance or timesheet information
- Amount of sick/vacation time off
- Wage/loss insurance forms*Exceptions
If seeking performance or credentialing information for a Medical Centers employee, instead of contacting i2Verify, please contact the employee’s home department.
Former UW employees who terminated prior to June 30, 2013, as well as stipend recipients – instead of contacting i2Verify, please use this form to submit your Employment Verification request.
Using external vendors like i2Verify to provide employment and income verification is a common practice – especially for a large employer such as the University of Washington, which can receive up to 500 verification requests a week! i2Verify provides a secure verification process, complying with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). Verifiers need to provide a permissible purpose1 as defined by FCRA for all employment verification requests. For income verification requests, verifiers must additionally certify to i2Verify that they have employee consent.2
1. “Permissible purpose” is an FCRA-compliant reason for requesting employment and/or income information. Common permissible purposes include: for the extension of credit, as part of an account review, for employment purposes, or when ordered by a court. A permissible purpose is required for each employment or income data request.
2. “Employee consent” is the employee’s authorization for access to their employment and/or income information. Employee consent can be in the form of an ink signature, an electronic signature or an i2Verify Permission Key. Verifiers must certify they have employee consent for each income verification request.
Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Certification Forms
As part of the U.S. Department of Education’s Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program, the ISC is authorized to complete a Public Service Employment Certification form.
Follow these steps to obtain a completed form:
- Download and print the PSLF form (PDF) from the U.S. Department of Education’s Federal Student Aid website.
- Complete Section 1 of the form.
- Return the form to the ISC either via U.S. Mail or by dropping it off in-person. The ISC’s physical address is UW Tower, Floor O-2, 4333 Brooklyn Avenue NE, Seattle, WA 98195
Due to security requirements, please do not email your PSLF form to the ISC.
Once your PSLF form is received, the ISC will complete Section 3 and Section 4 and contact you via email when it is ready for pick up. We can also send the form back to you by U.S. Mail at the address you specify. Please note that, due to security requirements, we cannot return the form to you by email or campus mail.