Note: This is a printed version of https://isc.uw.edu/pslf. Please visit this page on the ISC website to ensure you're referencing the most current information.
Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Certification Forms
As part of the U.S. Department of Education’s Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program, the ISC is authorized to complete a Public Service Employment Certification form.
Since the ISC is closed to the public during the public health crisis, as a temporary measure, employees can submit their PSLF form to the ISC via email to have them completed and returned electronically.
1. Download the PSLF form (PDF) from the U.S. Department of Education’s Federal Student Aid website.
2. Print the form and complete Section 1. When finished, scan the edited hard copy and save the file to your computer.
Alternatively, if you have software that allows you to edit PDF documents (such as Adobe Acrobat Pro), complete Section 1 of the form electronically and save your changes.
For security purposes, when completing the “SSN” field on the form, please only include the last four digits of your Social Security Number.
3. Email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment. Doing so will create a case in our issue tracking system.
4. Once the ISC receives your form, Sections 2, 3, and 4 will be completed and returned to you via email as part of your case.
5. Print the completed PSLF form and mail it to the U.S. Department of Education, FedLoan Servicing – see Section 7 of the PSLF form (on page 4) for their mailing address.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. PSLF eligibility is determined by FedLoan Servicing; the ISC is only authorized to sign the PSLF form and does not determine PSLF eligibility.
Additional information can be found at the Public Service Loan Forgiveness FAQ page on the U.S. Department of Education’s Federal Student Aid website.
No. The ISC will email the completed PSLF form back to the employee. It is the employee’s responsibility to then send their PSLF form to FedLoan Servicing – see step #5 in the Instructions section, above.
For PSLF purposes, “full time employment” means working 30 or more hours per week. This equals .75% FTE or higher.
The ISC will use your original hire date when completing Section 3 of the form; this applies to re-hired employees as well (i.e. the ISC will use the hire date of your most recent position).
In turn, FedLoans will determine which date you become eligible.
The Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) for the University of Washington is 91-6001537.
The University of Washington’s address is 1410 NE Campus Parkway Seattle, WA 98195.
Yes. As a WA state agency, the University of Washington is considered a governmental organization.
If you receive a rejection notice because the UW failed to provide information, send the rejection notice to the ISC at email@example.com. An employment specialist from the ISC will then contact FedLoan Servicing directly to clarify your employment.