Note: This is a printed version of https://isc.uw.edu/your-pay-taxes/payroll-processes. Please visit this page on the ISC website to ensure you're referencing the most current information.
Salary and Earnings Type Information
Salary is paid using an Earnings Type based on an employee’s job class code and the type of work the employee does. If you have questions about Earnings Types, please contact your department administrator.
Salary grades and guidelines were created and are maintained by the department which oversees each particular employee type. For salary schedules, refer to the links below.
- Faculty, Librarians and Academic Staff
- Professional Staff
- Contract-Classified Bargaining Unit and Classified Non-Union Staff
- Student Employment
- Graduate Student Appointments
- A scholarship is an amount paid to a student for the purpose of study.
- A fellowship is an amount paid to a person for the purpose of research.