Your Pay & Taxes
The Payroll specialists in the ISC ensure that everyone who works for the UW gets paid accurately and on time.
Links below provide payroll information and resources for faculty, professional staff, student workers, and UW Medical Centers employees.
Many processes associated with your pay and taxes are now done in Workday. With Workday you can:
- View your payslip
- View your year-end tax forms
- View and update your tax withholding elections
- Manage your direct deposit payment elections
Year-End Tax Forms
Visit the Year-End Tax Forms page for information about retrieving your University of Washington W-2 and 1099-R in Workday, along with Frequently Asked Questions about these forms and other year-end tax-related topics.
Visit the Paycheck Information page for information about:
- Direct Deposit
- Understanding Your Payslip in Workday
- Your Pre-Workday Payslips
- Understanding Your Deductions
- Adjustments and Corrections
Visit the Payroll Processes page for information on reporting Underpayments, Overpayments, and accessing other Payroll processes in Workday.
Tax Withholding Information
Visit the Tax Withholding Information page to learn about changing your withholding elections (IRS Form W-4) in Workday. Your tax residency address on the tax forms will pull from your Home (Primary) Address in Workday.
Foreign Nationals Payment & Tax Information
Visit the Foreign Nationals Payment & Tax Information page to learn about wage payments and taxes for Foreign Nationals and how to make changes in Workday. Ensure that your Citizenship Status under Personal Information in Workday is accurate, so you receive proper tax forms.
Visit the Tax-Filing Resources page for the following information:
- Opt Out of Paper Tax Forms
- Year-End Overview
- Tax Form Replacement
- Tax Considerations for Qualified Domestic Partners (QDPs)
- Information on IRS Tax Forms
- About UW Stipend Letter
- Obtaining Prior-Year Tax Forms