Note: This is a printed version of https://isc.uw.edu/your-benefits/changing/life-events/cdhp-becomes-unavailable. Please visit this page on the ISC website to ensure you're referencing the most current information.
Life Event: Consumer-Directed Health Plan (CDHP) Becomes Unavailable
Disclaimer: If the information on this page conflicts in any way with HCA documentation, the HCA documentation governs.
This Life Event is when you or your dependent’s current Consumer-Directed Health Plan (CDHP)* becomes unavailable because you or your dependent are no longer eligible for a Health Savings Account (HSA).
When this Life Event happens, you can change your medical plan; information about medical plan choices can be found on UWHR’s Health Insurance pages.
To change your medical plan, follow these steps:
- Download and complete the Employee Enrollment Change form linked in the right hand sidebar of this page.
- The Washington State Health Care Authority (HCA) may require you to provide evidence that the subscriber or the subscriber’s dependent is no longer eligible for an HSA. Gather/scan one of the following types of documentation to serve as proof of your current CDHP no longer being available to you:
- A cancellation letter from your CDHP
- Coverage confirmation from your new health plan
- A Medicare entitlement letter
- A copy of current tax return showing that you are claimed as a dependent on someone else’s tax return.
- Mail or email (preferred) the completed Employee Enrollment Change form and your supporting documentation to the ISC.
*A Consumer-Directed Health Plan is also referred to as a High Deductible Health Plan, or HDHP.