Integrated Service Center

Your Benefits


Welcome to the Benefits pages in the ISC.

The University of Washington leads the way in research, innovation, diversity, and more—attracting the best and brightest. To help you focus on your career and the road ahead, we offer a competitive array of health, welfare, and retirement benefits—supporting you and your family now and in the days to come.

Links below provide benefits information and resources for faculty, professional staff, student workers, and UW Medical Centers employees.

Many of the processes associated with your benefits are now done in Workday, the UW’s unified Human Resources, Payroll, Benefits, and Time Tracking system.

With Workday you can:

  • View and manage your benefits elections
  • Enroll and manage your dependents
  • Choose and manage your retirement plan

Plan Choices

Your benefit plan choices are determined by your job classification. Your offer letter should indicate your job classification. If you're not sure, speak to your manager or contact the ISC.

Read More

Newly Eligible

In your first week, we’ll send you an email describing how to learn about your benefit package and how to enroll.

Read More

Enrollment Changes & Life Events

Certain life events allow you to change your Public Employees Benefits Board (PEBB) medical or dental coverage, to add/change a flexible spending plan, or to change life insurance.

Read More

Open Enrollment

Each year during Open Enrollment (November 1-30), you have the opportunity to change your medical or dental plan in Workday.

Changes During Open Enrollment

Each November, you have the opportunity to enroll or change your health elections, including medical and dental insurance, with new or changed coverage going into effect the following January 1.

You must re-enroll for Flexible Spending Accounts each year to continue coverage.

You can change your Health Savings Account contribution elections at any time.

Make your Open Enrollment elections in Workday

If you need to make a change during other times of the year, you must provide proof of the qualified Life Event, such as marriage or birth, that corresponds with the plan change.

Read More