Employment Verification Requests
The ISC provides the verification of employment (VOE) documents noted below.
- The ISC only receives VOE requests via email or in-person
- Turnaround time to process a request is 2-3 business days, unless additional research is required
- For security purposes, please do not include the full Social Security Number
- Please do not submit more than one request, as duplicate requests cause a delay in our turnaround time
- The ISC does not notify employees or vendors when a request has been completed; verifications will be delivered in the method selected on the verification request form
- Delivery methods for VOE documents include: picking up at the ISC, mail, fax, or email
- The ISC does not release salary information over the phone, or provide updates on status
|The ISC can provide an Employee’s||
|The ISC cannot provide an Employee’s||
Current and Former UW Employees
To submit a request, complete the Request for Verification of Employment Letter form.
Employers/Vendors/Other External Customers
For mortgage or loan applications, apartment leases, government aid, or other application request requiring proof of employment with salary, submit your request via email to email@example.com, and include the following information:
- In the subject line of the email include:
- Employee’s Name
- The last four digits of the employee’s Social Security Number
- Attach your authorization consent form signed by the employee
- If requesting salary information, additionally attach a completed Request for Verification form (PDF)
Types of Verifications:
|Formal Letter of Verification||Written on UW letterhead, and includes the below information:
|Special Request||Use this verification type if a list of current and past positions (1990 forward) is needed, or if requesting verification information beyond what’s included in the Formal Letter.
Special requests will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
If you are seeking to verify information for an employee from the below units, please contact the employee’s home department or the Medical Centers employer listed below:
|Employment Verifications for||Contact|
|Northwest Hospital Employees||206-668-1785 or fax 206-668-1990|
|Seattle Children’s Hospital Employees||206-987-6948 or fax 206-987-4938|
|UW Neighborhood Clinics Staff||206-520-5528 or fax 206-520-5599|
|UW Neighborhood Clinics Providers||206-542-5427 or fax 206-520-5599|
|UW Physician Network Employees||Phone inquiries are not accepted; fax 206-520-5432|
|VA Hospital Employees||206-582-4676 or fax 206-658-4293|
|Valley Medical Employees (Non-Salary)||425-251-5160 or fax 425-656-5313|
|Valley Medical Employees (Salary)||425-228-3440 ext.5734 or fax 425-656-5389|
Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
The ISC is authorized to complete a Public Service Employment Certification form (PDF).
Please complete Section 1, and mail the form to the ISC by US Mail, or drop it off at the ISC.
The ISC will complete Section 3 and Section 4 and will inform you when it is ready for pick up, or we can send the form back to you by fax or US Mail.
Due to security requirements, we cannot return the form to you by e-mail or campus mail. Please be sure to include contact information in case we have questions.