Integrated Service Center

Personal Information

Last updated Monday, November 19, 2018

Verifying Your Personal Information

Your Personal Information in Workday includes your date of birth, gender, ethnicity, and military status. You can revise this information using the procedures in the resources below; note that certain changes to your personal information require verification.

User Guide on how to Edit Your Personal Information

Quick Guide on how to Edit Your Personal Information (PDF)

Updating Your Name

If you want to change your Legal Name for UW employment purposes, you must first change your name on your Social Security Card. Once you’ve received your new Social Security Card, you can make the change in Workday.

Step-by-step instructions on how to change your Legal Name

Preferred Name Change

Your Preferred Name is what appears in the UW Directory and other sources of campus contact information. Most UW software and services use the Identity.UW website to determine how to display your name. Once you set your Preferred Name via Identity.UW, it should appear that way in other places.

Some UW services are required to use your Legal Name. Setting a Preferred Name will not update your Legal Name.

Updating Additional Personal Information


In Workday, you have the option to set your gender as Male or Female. A gender selection is required for the purposes of covered health services. Failure to provide this information may result in denial of services.

Information on changing your gender on your Social Security records

Date of Birth

A Date of Birth change requires the employee to provide proof of the change and ISC approval.

Acceptable documentation is either a copy of your state-issued driver license (or ID card) or both your birth certificate and a current photo ID.

Change of Citizenship Status

Employees are not able to update their own Citizenship Status in Workday.

If your citizenship status has changed, please contact your department or unit’s I-9 coordinator to make the update.

Please note that you may have to provide documentation proving the change in Citizenship Status.

If you recently changed your United States citizen or immigration status, such as becoming a Permanent Resident (green card holder), you will need to complete a new Form I-9 in Workday.

Information on the Form I-9

Then take the documentation (original and unexpired) of your changed status to your department or unit’s I-9 coordinator. They will complete the Form I-9 in Workday to re-verify your employment eligibility.

Step-by-step instructions on how to complete the Form I-9

Managing Emergency Contacts

You can manage your Emergency Contacts in Workday.

Step-by-step instructions on how to edit your Emergency Contacts