Integrated Service Center

Leaving the University

Information on preparing to retire or otherwise separating from the UW.

Table of Contents


Information on retirement and preparing for retirement

Return to top


If you are ending your employment with the UW, here are some reminders:

  • Update your address in Workday. Important documents, such as your IRS Form W-2 , will be sent to that address.
  • Verify other Personal Information in Workday, including your personal email.
  • If you are a non-exempt or hourly employee, be sure all timesheets have been submitted for approval.
  • Confirm your Time Off accrual in Workday or, if you are a Medical Centers employee, in Kronos.
  • Review your recent pay stub in Workday for any deductions you would like to stop. Refer to the Payslip & Deductions page for information and contacts.
  • You are responsible for notifying the Transportation Services when you leave the UW. Failure to do so could result in continuing parking fees after your separation.

Separated UW employees retain access to Workday and can view and print out earning statements and tax forms. If you have left your employment at the UW and can no longer recall your UW NetID or password, email UW-IT.

If you are transferring to another WA State agency, your accrued leave balances can be transferred to your new employer.

Information on ending employment at the UW

Return to top

Former Employees

Leave Pay-Out for Separated Employees

The final payout for accumulated annual leave is paid on the regularly scheduled payroll paydays once your Time Off has been reviewed and processed by the Payroll Office.

Campus employees should contact the ISC for questions.

Medical Centers employees should call 206-744-9280 or email UW Medical Centers Payroll.

Services Available to Former Employees


Access to both Workday requires UW NetID credentials and enrollment in Duo, UW’s two-factor authentication (2FA) solution. Former employees are eligible to enroll in Duo through the remainder of the year in which they left the University, and for the three years following their year of departure.

More information about using 2FA with Workday is available.


For questions about insurance, retirement, and other benefits contact the ISC.

Pay Stubs

Pay stubs can be accessed through Workday for July 2017 pay stubs and forward, up to two years.

Payroll does not retain copies of pay stubs.

Tax Forms

The following tax forms are available in Workday:

  • IRS Form W-2
  • IRS Form 1099-R
  • UW Stipend Letter
  • IRS Form 1042-S

Information on year-end documents


For questions regarding your overpayment, contact the person listed on the overpayment notification.

To discuss a payment plan for the overpayment, email UW Payroll.

Verification of Employment

Verification of Employment is available to all current and former employees.

Information on the employment verification process

Return to top