Note: This is a printed version of https://isc.uw.edu/using-workday/supported-web-browsers. Please visit this page on the ISC website to ensure you're referencing the most current information.
Supported Web Browsers
The Workday mobile app is not currently supported at the UW.
You can access Workday using the latest versions of the following web browsers.
|Web Browser||Supported on Desktops/Laptops?||Supported on Mobile Devices?*|
|Apple Safari||Yes, Mac OS X only||Yes*|
|Microsoft Internet Explorer||Refer to the Internet Explorer (IE) – Special Considerations section, below. Workday will end support for IE11 in September 2022; for security purposes, we strongly recommend switching to one of the modern web browsers listed above to access Workday.||No|
* When accessing Workday from a mobile device, please note that a “Yes” in the Supported on Mobile Devices? column above indicates the web browser can be used on a mobile device to access Workday. However, the ISC does not recommend accessing or transacting in Workday from a mobile web browser, as the end user experience is not optimal.
Only the latest version of IE 11 is supported; prior versions of IE are not supported.
IE 11 is not supported when running in Compatibility Mode, Enterprise Mode or Embedded Mode.
IE 11 users must set Workday as a Trusted Site. To do so:
- Click the “gear” icon in the upper right corner toolbar and select Internet Options
- In the window that opens, click the Security tab.
- Click the green “check mark” icon labeled Trusted sites.
- Click the Sites button.
- In the window that opens, type https://wd5.myworkday.com and click Add.
- Click Close, and click OK to close the Internet Options window.