Skip to main content
Integrated Service Center


Other Coverage

Information on Life Insurance 
Long-Term Disability Insurance
Information on Resident and Fellows Long-Term Disability Insurance 
Information on Medical Students Long-Term Disability Insurance
Information on Physician Assistants Students Long-Term Disability Insurance
Information on Discounts on Auto, Home, and Renters Insurance

Read more

Retirement Plans

Information on Retirement Plans

Read more

Health Plans

Information on Medical Insurance Plans
Information on Dental Plans
Information on Medical and Health Savings Account (HSA)
Information on Spending Accounts (Medical FSA, Dependent Care)

Read more

Plan Choices

Your benefit plan choices are determined by your job classification. Your offer letter should indicate your job classification. If you’re not sure, speak to your manager or contact the ISC.

Read more

Before You Start

Please watch for an email containing information about your benefit package. You must enroll by your deadline or you will be defaulted into certain elections. Contact the ISC with any questions.
Your benefits are managed both by the UW and by Washington state agencies. The UW administers all the health plans, and some retirement plans, e.g.,

Read more

Life Events – Overview

Changes Due to a Life Event
Certain life events allow you to change your medical and/or dental coverage. The ISC must receive your benefit elections within 60 days from the date of the event (your “special open enrollment” window), and any enrollment changes must correspond with your life event.
Information on Life Events and submitting benefits elections 

Read more

Optional Retirement Plans

Save beyond your primary UW retirement plan or defer compensation for retirement.
UW Voluntary Investment Program (VIP): Enroll or change your contribution elections by logging in via Fidelity Investments, or speak with a Fidelity Representative at 1-800-343-0860. For more information, see the UW Benefits website.
Deferred Compensation (DCP): Enroll or change your contribution elections by logging in via the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems website,

Read more

Waive Health Insurance Coverage

You can waive your Public Employees Benefits Board (PEBB) medical coverage if you’re enrolled in other comprehensive group medical coverage.
If you waive coverage for yourself, you cannot enroll your spouse, children, or other dependents in PEBB medical coverage.
You can’t waive dental coverage, which you keep even if you waive medical coverage.
There are two different processes for waiving coverage:

  • Waive coverage as a new employee (during initial eligibility)
  • Waive coverage after your initial eligibility period
  • During Open Enrollment
  • Due to a Life Event
  • Read more

    Residents, Fellows, Medical Students, Physician Assistants Students Long-Term Disability Insurance

    Information on the Residents and Fellow plan and enrollment
    Information on the Medical Students plan and enrollment
    Information on the Physician Assistants Students plan and enrollment

    Read more

    Former Employees

    Leave Pay-Out for Separated Employees
    The final payout for accumulated annual leave is paid on the regularly scheduled payroll paydays once your Time Off has been reviewed and processed by the Payroll Office.
    Campus employees should contact the ISC for questions.
    Medical Centers employees should call 206-744-9280 or email UW Medical Centers Payroll.
    Services Available to Former Employees
    Workday is available with a valid NetID and password.

    Read more