Units may also choose to let the ISC do the heavy lifting for any faculty returning in the fall: on Monday, September 17 the ISC will perform a mass return for all academic personnel who were put on Summer Hiatus with an “Estimated Return Date of Leave” of September 15, 2018.
IMPORTANT: Verifying FTE, Positions and Compensation
Once returned from Summer Hiatus, units need to verify the employee’s FTE, Position(s) and Compensation in order to avoid potential under- or overpayments.
Units waiting for the ISC to return employees on September 17 can begin reviewing employee data starting September 18. All necessary changes must be made in Workday prior to 5:00 pm on Friday, September 28 in order ensure the employee’s first paycheck back is accurate.
Units should take the following steps to confirm employees were successfully returned from Summer Hiatus, and that their FTE, Positions and Compensation correctly reflect their current work status.
- Run R0047 Summer Hiatus Audit Report
- Start Date: June 16, 2018
- End Date: September 15, 2018
- Confirm all employees have been returned from Summer Hiatus by reviewing the “Last Day of Leave – Actual” column; manually return anyone who went on Summer Hiatus and who has a missing “Last Day of Leave – Actual” date
- For each employee returned from Summer Hiatus, navigate to their Worker Profile page (select their name in the Worker column) and:
- Verify FTEs: Confirm FTE matches what is expected across all positions; FTE can be adjusted using the Change Job business process and the reason code “02 – Summer Faculty FTE Change”
- Verify Positions and Employee End Dates: Determine if an employee’s Position(s) and/or Title(s) need to be updated, and ensure the Employee End Date for Fixed Term faculty is correct
- Verify Compensation and Compensation End Dates: Confirm an employee’s salary and allowances are set up properly, and ensure the Compensation End Date for Fixed Term faculty is correct
For guidance on how to update FTE, Position, and/or Compensation, we recommend visiting our User Guide Library.