Skip to main content
Integrated Service Center

Finding Previous Year Form W-2s

September 28, 2017

There are a variety of reasons why someone might need to access their Form W-2s from previous years – financial aid applications, loan applications, tax season, etc.

With the launch of Workday, starting with the 2017 tax year, UW employees will soon be able to access their W-2s within Workday.

Current or former UW employees can access their older Form W-2s for the five years prior to 2017 (2012-2016) through the UW’s Legacy ESS system.

Current or former UW employees can access their Form W-2s for 2012-2016 through the UW’s Legacy Employee Self-Service (ESS) system.

Tip: You can find a link to Legacy ESS within Workday, both through the Pay and Personal Information worklets.

Once logged into the Legacy ESS system, simply use the “Tax Forms” link on the left side of the screen, and then select “Print Tax Forms” to see prior Form W-2s.

If for any reason employees can’t access the Legacy ESS system, they can complete the Request for Paper Tax Form Replacement and fax it (yes, fax! It sounds old-school, but please don’t email any form that contains your SSN) to the ISC at 206-543-8137 or drop off the form at the ISC. The request for older paper Form W-2s can take up to 48 hours to process.

If you have any questions, please contact us at