Fall Quarter in Workday
Check this page regularly for new and relevant information about Fall Quarter in Workday!
Return from Academic Summer Hiatus
Wondering what you need to do in Workday with all of the faculty coming back from Summer Hiatus? Good news: the ISC will do the work for you! We will perform a mass Return Worker from Leave process for all faculty who are on Summer Hiatus Leave and have an “Estimated Last Day of Absence” of September 15, 2017. This mass load will be processed on September 18. No manual return is needed on your part, unless your faculty need to be returned from leave prior to September 15 – in which case you’ll need to do the Return Worker from Leave yourself.
IMPORTANT NOTE: After this mass conversion, departments will need to verify individual FTE for each faculty member returning from Summer Hiatus. Starting September 18:
- Run ‘R0561: Return from Summer Hiatus Leave’ report to review FTEs for workers on Summer Hiatus through September 15. For FTEs that were reduced for summer funding, use the Change Job business process with the appropriate effective date (should be September 16 if last day of summer hiatus leave is September 15) and Summer Hiatus reason code (02 - Summer Faculty FTE Change) to put employees back on normal, academic year FTEs (can be submitted now through September 29).
- Please note: No compensation changes should be made with this data change.
- Units can run the ‘Workers On Leave’ report to ensure all of their faculty have been successfully returned from summer hiatus.
For more information about Summer Hiatus, see our Academic Personnel - Planning for September webpage, and also the Leave of Absence - Summer Hiatus – Academic Personnel User Guide.
User Guides for Navigating Fall Quarter HiringThe ISC has an extensive User Guide Library, but here are a few User Guides that should be particularly helpful for navigating fall quarter hiring:
- Hire - Academic Personnel
- Hire - Student
- Hire - Graduate Student Fellowship/Traineeship
- Add Additional Job - Graduate Student Fellowship/Traineeship
- Change Job - Academic Personnel (for switching between paid and unpaid status)
- Academic Affiliates
Fall Hiring - Best Practices & Preparation Webinar
The ISC has released a recorded webinar that covers valuable overviews and tips, provides advice on what steps to take before getting started, and demonstrates common Workday processes for fall hiring. Topics covered in this recorded webinar include:
- Hiring Faculty (annual and shorter-term)
- Change Job Processes
- Moving Unpaid faculty into Paid status
- Moving Paid faculty into Unpaid status
- Hiring Hourly Students
- Return from Summer Hiatus
Have Returning Workers Who are New to Workday?
With many faculty and staff returning to the campus after being gone all summer – and missing the launch of Workday! – we have prepared an easy, step-by-step guide you can pass on to your workers about how they can quickly get up and running with Workday.